Top 10 Best Rearview Mirror Radar Detectors Reviewed in 2019
Does the thought of outsmarting policemen, just when they are about to nab you for over-speeding gets you excited? Then you might as well consider buying this product. A Rear-view Mirror Radar Detector alerts you, if your speed is being monitored by a radar gun. With this precious piece of information, you can reduce your speed just in time, and avoid getting booked by the cops. We have reviewed here the ten best rear-view mirror radar detectors that you can buy.
However,with this review we are not trying to promote rash driving. It is always advisable to be on the right side of the law. We are only encouraging you to drive safely and within the limits prescribed by the rules. The rear view mirror radar detectors come at various price points. The higher end ones offer you alerts even about radar detector detectors. Some variants offer your digital voice alerts instead of just visual ones.
Read further to know which ones are the best rear-view radar detectors that you can go for. You may also like to check out our review on Car rear view cameras. Consider checking our rearview car camera reviews too.
Table of Contents
- Factors to Consider When Selecting a Radar Detector
- 10. Escort Passport S55 Radar/Laser Detector with RadarMount
- 9. Escort RedLine 0100025-1 Radar Detector
- 8. Valentine One Radar Detector
- 7. Beltronics RX65 Red Professional Radar/Laser Detector
- 6. Whistler CR65 Laser Radar Detector: 360 Degree Protection and Tone Alerts
- 5. Whistler XTR-265 Laser Radar Detector: 360 Degree Protection, Icon Display, and Tone Alerts
- 4. Radenso Pro M Extreme Range Radar & Laser Detector with GPS Lockouts, Red Light/Speed Camera Voice Alerts
- 3. Cobra RAD 450 Laser Radar Detector: Long Range, False Alert Filter, Voice Alert & OLED Display
- 2. KDLINKS R100 Anti-Glare Rearview Mirror, Lens, Dash Cam
- 1. Escort Passport S55 Pro Radar and Laser Detector with DSP
Factors to Consider When Selecting a Radar Detector
- VG2, Spectre Protection: Police can use radar detector detectors (RDD) puts you at the risk of getting caught. Some detectors offer secret protection whereby they warn you when the cops are using RDD. If you spend more, you can get one that shields from VG2 and spectre such that it continues working without being discovered.
- Digital Voice Alerts: You receive audio notifications without the need to take off your eyes off the road.
- Type: You will find 3 types of radar detectors on the market; coded, code and remote-mounted. Coded detectors mount on the windshield or mirror, cordless allow you to use in different vehicles and remote-mounted are permanently fixed on the car.
- Laser Detection: To ensure are super-alert, a 360-laser detector is an excellent option. It will detect laser pulses from all sides.
- Instant-On-Protection: Sensitive K-band is a feature of a radar detector that alerts you when another vehicle is pointed. That mechanism help to avoid being caught unawares as the speed radar will have recorded your speed by the time your detector alerts you.
- City Mode: In instances when you are driving in the city, false alerts are frequent. As such, there could be other signal sources similar to radar guns. City mode feature will reduce that sensitivity to rely on those worth your attention.
There are many rearview mirror radar detectors on the market. As such, it can be tasking to separate the wheat from the chaff. To make your shopping a breeze, we have reviewed 10 best mirror radar detectors that will keep you safe on the road.
10. Escort Passport S55 Radar/Laser Detector with RadarMount
Undoubtedly, Escort Passport S55 with RadarMount is one of the most reputed radar and laser detectors on the market. Passport S55 detects and alerts you in advance when K-band and Ka-band radar guns are in use. Normally, Ka-band guns have an effective range of 200-300 feet. With this detector, you will get the alert ¼ to ½ miles away. What’s more, you get protection from instant-on radar. As such, in case a cop aims a radar gun on a vehicle ahead of you, this detector warns you right away, so you adjust your speed before the traffic police measure your speed.
Most of the time, most inferior detectors will issue irritating false alerts, for example, the case of automatic door openers. Numerous false alarms may turn out to be your undoing by exposing you to danger instead of protecting you. That is not the case with Pass S55. Because it is highly sensitive, this radar detector intelligently filters out the annoying false alarms. Even more, this radar detector features a city mode that automatically adjusts the sensitivity when you get to a busy vicinity where false alerts are likely to increase. That lowers down the false signals to a practical level.
In instances where there are several cops with radar guns, then you still vulnerable. However, this radar detector features an ExpertMeter that sniffs and displays for you 4 radar signals. Even better, there is a ticket protection network, Escort Live, by the manufacturer that alerts you of any alerts reported by others who have used the same route. That gives you access to the local speed limit data and to stay more vigilant when approaching such points. Also, it has a Mute and AutoMute functions that allow you to adjust accordingly. Also, you can adjust the volumes to avoid getting into problems in case it is radar detector free zone.
- Instant-on mode radar protection
- Long-range protection
- K-band and Ka-band detection and protection
- You will be forced to acquire a new model whenever the cops acquire sophisticated technologies. Most think it would be okay if the software upgrades automatically to offer more protection
9. Escort RedLine 0100025-1 Radar Detector
Escort has introduced the twin antenna designed RedLine series of radar detectors. The smart detector has a long range front and rear laser detection, along with the intelligent AutoMode that reduces the probability of false alarms. The TotalShield RF Technology makes the detector invisible to radar detector detectors, even from the high-end technologies like VG-2. The AutoMute function keeps the alarm sound at a minimum, but only after alerting the user at the volume set in the settings.
The SmartPlug power cord helps one to operate the detector away from a distance. Information regarding the actual radar frequency, multiple hits of different radars at one time and upcoming hazards are displayed on the 280 LED Alphanumeric display. Up to 8 features can be customized on the detector. The Safety Warning system, with an inbuilt collection of 64 messages, uses a modified K band radar signal to send out alert messages of hazards and obstructions of varied situations. Installation is simple as the quick release mount is used to attach to the windshield and it can be just removed in a snap. One year of warranty is provided by Escort and a two-year extended service plan is received by the user, upon the purchase of the item.
- Easy installation
- Auto mute function to keep the alarms at a minimal level
- Invisibility to other detectors
- Extended service plan along with the warranty
- The newer bands and radar signals cannot be captured
- No protection from camera flashes and red light
8. Valentine One Radar Detector
One looks for a long range of detection when it is about a radar detection device. The elegantly designed Valentine One radar Detector is capable of detecting X, K, Ka and Super Wideband Ka range of the radar. The Ku band of radar is also detectable and there is a rear radar antenna which maximizes the detection efficiency by a large margin. The arrows on the detectors act as indicators for users so that they can use the detector easily.
The V1 radar detector has multiple antennas, which maximizes the detection range and it provides a 360-degree detection. The band, strength, radar units and the direction of the radar signal are captured and displayed on the detector. A simple plugin is all it takes to install the device. Being so sensitive, the detection rate is high and accurate. The item weighs 1.65 pounds and has a dimension of 6*2.5*4 inches. Warranty information can be availed upon request.
- Accuracy level is good
- A 360 degrees perimeter detection range
- Extra information about the signal detected is also given
- A bit on the heavier side in comparison to it’s counterparts
- Warranty has to be requested
7. Beltronics RX65 Red Professional Radar/Laser Detector
You cannot afford to leave your safety to chances. Beltronic RX65 laser and radar detector should be your choice. Being highly rated on Amazon, you can be sure it is a quality detector. And yes, it has approximately 10 times range sensitivity compared to all laser/radar imported brands. It features the SmartPlug power cord helping to control alerts conveniently.
You might want to use the detector in a different car. Beltronics RX65 comes with a quick-release and a travel case so you can carry wherever, whenever. What’s more, on the SmartPlug cord features the Mute and AutoMute technology so you can silence alerts. That ensures that your detector is concealed from the law enforcers in areas where radar detectors are illegal.
It protects from K-band, Ka-band, and Ku-band radar guns. Besides, this radar detector promises to alert you of the presence of laser beams from laser guns. That way, you can adjust your speed in advance, and the cops cannot detect your radar detector. Not again will the POP Mode instant-on radar be a big issue as it has inbuilt advanced radar AutoScan. Also, it helps to filter any false alerts to reduce confusion which might act to your disadvantage. Moreover, in case of any threat, this radar detectors offers clear digital voice and voice alerts.
Also, for ease of use, it comes with easy-to-use options and controls. You can also adjust the display brightness depending on the time of the day. Typically, it has a ultra-bright display with the option to adjust to the night mode.
- Offers 10 times detection range sensitivity that of standard radar/laser detectors
- Filters false alerts
- Ultra-clear digital and voice alerts
- Protects not only from radar but also laser guns
- Features Mute/AutoMute tech for the sound alert
- Detachable for compact storage and transport
- The product is a hit and delivers what it promises. We noted a complaint about it arriving 2 days later. Since it works as expected, that should not be an issue.
6. Whistler CR65 Laser Radar Detector: 360 Degree Protection and Tone Alerts
The professional grade and high-performance rate of the Whistler CR Series of laser detectors are equipped for a long range of radars such as X, K, Super Wideband Ka and laser and are highly sensitive. In order to detect the brief bursts of radar, the Pop Mode detection feature is quite instrumental. The 360 degrees Maxx Coverage feature provides a whole perimeter detection, with both from the front and rear end.
The alerts from the radar-based traffic flow sensors are reduced to zero with the Traffic Flow Signal Rejection (TSFR) feature. To reduce the annoying false alerts due to different cityscapes, three modes of the city (City 1, City 2 and City 3) are enabled. The high gain lens increases the field of view and they ensure a larger perimeter view. Alerts are set in the order of their priorities and a safety warning system is there to keep you informed about the highway alerts. Laser Atlanta Stealth mode, Laser Ally, and LTI Truspeed S are the advanced features installed in order to detect laser. A colour code system is used for notifications and alerts. A12V power cord and windshield bracket is also included along with the whole set.
- Traffic Flow Signal Rejection feature, along with advanced features such as Atlanta Stealth mode
- Cityscape modes enabled
- Pop Mode detection
- Color code system can be confusing to understand
5. Whistler XTR-265 Laser Radar Detector: 360 Degree Protection, Icon Display, and Tone Alerts
Whistler XTR- 265 Laser Radar Detector is slightly different from its counterparts in terms of its advanced features. The radar is highly sensitive and can catch signals from the X-band, K-band, Superwide Ka-band and laser quite efficiently. The PopMode feature which detects the tiniest of the signal bursts and the Safety warning system is also activated in these detectors, wherein due to the sorting thereafter, the user is updated only with the important signal information according to their priority.
The VG2 detector mode helps to detect other radar detector’s signals so that there are no mixing of signals. The battery saver feature allows one to optimise the usage without abrupt shutdown. The LED blinking of the detector allows one to have visual alerts when the audible alert is missed. The added feature is the Intellicord, which allows one to remotely operate of/on, dim/dark, quiet/ auto quiet and city mode features. The set comes with the standard 12 V cord, windshield suction cup and instruction manual. Warranty is issued upon request made to the customer care.
- Intellicord feature allowing one to operate remotely
- Visual alerts, in case the audible alerts are missed
- Priority wise sorting of multiple alerts
- The newer type of signals cannot be detected
4. Radenso Pro M Extreme Range Radar & Laser Detector with GPS Lockouts, Red Light/Speed Camera Voice Alerts
The Radenso Pro M radar is an extreme range radar and laser detector with an additional feature to detect MultaRadar. The MultaRadar is a low power frequency modulated radar threat. The detector also detects Ka, X, K and Gatso bands of radar signals apart from sensing signals from other radar detectors. The detector is also sensitive to red light and speed camera, in addition to having a database of both the types of signals with unlimited updates from time to time. With the added features such as low-speed GPS auto muting and Blind Spot Monitor Filtering, the radar detector proves itself to be wary of the user’s requirements.
There are around 260 built-in messages which is displayed on the Amber OLED Display. The lower power K band and the tiny bursts of selectable Ka bands are easily detectable. Online Manual is available on the website, whereas a warranty of one year is available at the time of purchase itself. The detector has different modes in accordance with the cityscape and darkness outside. One can trust the light weighted Radenso radar for its extreme sensitivity and accuracy, with zero chances of false alerts.
- Light weight
- MultaRadar detection
- A bit on the pricey side
- Difficult to understand the features all together, as the manual is not available offline
3. Cobra RAD 450 Laser Radar Detector: Long Range, False Alert Filter, Voice Alert & OLED Display
A brand trusted by many due to its accuracy and high sensitivity, the Cobra had introduced the RAD 450 radar detector that protects the user from all types of radar signal bands like Ka and K. With the patented technology from Cobra itself, the detector has low chances of false alerts and has the precision close to a seismograph needle. The detection range of the detector is around 2 miles, long enough to keep the user aware of the surroundings.
With the added feature of showing how strong is the signal, the user knows how close the signal is and from which direction it is emanating from. Digital speech enables the voice alerts to be issued at every intuition, helping the user to focus on the road. Radar guns are easily detected, therefore there are no chances of being caught. The OLED display is quite eye-catching, and it helps to read messages very clearly. The whole set contains the radar detector, power cord, windshield mount and a hook and loop fastener. The one year warranty is provided from Cobra, valid if brought only from the main dealer or Amazon.
- Easy to use
- Easy to install
- A basic version which includes all the required features
- Quite an economical buy
- The range of signals detected can be more varied
- Customization not allowed
2. KDLINKS R100 Anti-Glare Rearview Mirror, Lens, Dash Cam
R100 works both as a front and back cam. It records top quality videos with a resolution of 1080P for the rear camera and at 30fps. Besides, it offers a 140 degrees angle allowing you to record videos at different angles. And it you don’t need to press any button to start recording. It features an anti-dazzling mirror so you can track your moments without straining your eyes. Besides, the mirror comes in a sleek design and offers a 5’ display enough for you to catch every event. For safe storage of your videos, it comes with a ready-to-use16GB micro SD card. You can upgrade to 64/128GB.
The R100 has an Auto-off feature that ensures that the camera system shuts down within 5 minutes of not detecting any car movement. That also means there is no need to turn off once you have parked your vehicle manually. With R100, your car is safe in the parking as any time it detects movement or vibration, it automatically starts recording for a moment. It comes with a G-sensor that automatically locks your video files for safety in case an accident is detected.
Even more, R100 offers high-quality displays thanks to the six-glass lenses and Wide-Dynamic-Range video system. Also, rarely will you fail to catch a moment as the system comes with a long-lasting 800mAh battery.
You will benefit a 1-year warranty on R100 and unparalleled support from the manufacturer.
- Front and back camera
- High-quality display
- Comes with a lasting battery
- Auto-off feature without motion and after parking
- Wide angle for recording at different angles
- SD card upgradable from the default 16GB up to128GB
- Uniquely designed 5’ display
- The camera quality may not be that great at night especially when there are bright headlights and streetlamps even with the HDR on
1. Escort Passport S55 Pro Radar and Laser Detector with DSP
Escort Passport S55 is indisputably one of the most high-performing radars and laser detectors on the market. With this radar detector, you will radar bands and laser bands warnings for a long time. Passport S55 also protects you from K-band and Ka-band radar guns by alerting from afar. Since Ka-band guns have an effective range of 200-300 feet, this detector can sniff it and warn you ¼ to ½ miles away. What’s more, you get protection from instant-on radar such that if a cop uses a radar gun on a vehicle ahead of you, this detector warns you immediately. That way, you adjust your speed before the traffic personnel has measured it.
Most of the time, most inferior detectors will issue irritating false alerts, for example, the case of automatic door openers. If you are familiar with radar detectors, you will agree that they might even put danger instead of protecting you. That is not the case with Pass S55. Being highly sensitive, this radar detector intelligently filters out the annoying false alarms. Even more, when you enter busy vicinity, the false alerts are likely to increase. To address that problem, this radar detector features a city mode that automatically adjusts the sensitivity. That lowers down the false alerts to a practical level.
In instances where there are several cops with radar guns, then you still vulnerable. However, this radar detector features an ExpertMeter that sniffs and displays for you 4 radar signals. Even better, there is a ticket protection network, Escort Live, by the manufacturer that alerts you of any threats reported by others who have used the same route. That gives you access to the local speed limit data and to stay more vigilant when approaching such points. Also, it has a mute/ AutoMute functions that allow you to adjust accordingly. Also, you can adjust the volumes to avoid getting into loggerheads with the cops in areas where radar detectors are illegal.
- Protection from K-band and Ka-band radar
- Protection from instant-on radar
- Filters false alerts
- Can detect and display 4 radar signals at a go
- Does not eliminate the false signals entirely, but does an excellent job
Conclusion: Your safety comes first. The role of rearview mirror radar detectors cannot be underrated. Avoid those accidents or the speeding tickets by the police. Spare yourself the trouble and drive with the confidence. Stay alerted to all threats by acquiring one of these radar detectors today.
Simeon LA Froid
Latest posts by Simeon LA Froid (see all)
- The Best Remote-Controlled Toy Cars in 2019 Reviewed - June 13, 2019
- Educational Toys for Kids – The Best Drawing Mats Reviewed - June 13, 2019
- The 10 Best Camping Screen Houses (Screen Tent) Reviewed in 2019 - June 10, 2019