Top 10 Best Gaming Steering Wheels Reviewed in 2018
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is one of the many racing games I play after a busy day at work and on weekends. But after getting a gaming steering wheel, the experience has never been the same. What do you use to control your game? You already know that a keyboard and mouse do not offer the best gaming racing experience. At least the advent of gamepads somewhat made it a little more enjoyable. But for those who are serious into racing games, a gaming steering wheel is the thing.
A gaming steering wheel mimics a real steering wheel and may even replicate that of a particular brand of vehicle. Besides, accompanying the wheel are pedals including gas, brake and clutch (not always). These basics come with other shifter controls. It makes virtual racing feel a bit more or less realistic.
Table of Contents
- What To Factor In When Buying A Gaming Steering Wheel
- 10. Driving Force Pro Wheel for PS 2 and PS 3
- 9. Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
- 8. Thrustmaster T300RS Officially Licensed Racing Wheel
- 7. Logitech Driving Force G920 Racing Wheel
- 6. Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel
- 5. Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel
- 4. Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel
- 3. Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel
- 2. Mario Kart Racing Wheel for Nintendo Wii
- 1. Logitech G27 Racing-Wheel
What To Factor In When Buying A Gaming Steering Wheel
Rotation and wheel size
Creating a complete replica of a wheel, for example, that of Ferrari or Porsche can be really expensive. As such, most manufacturers will come up with something close to the real thing. However, the more it resembles the original steering wheel, the more expensive it gets. That implies an inexpensive wheel will obviously limit regarding rotation and will be smaller in size.
Vibration and Force Feedback
When steering that gaming wheel, you want to replica the experience of driving a real vehicle. The driver normally feels bumps and jolts when holding the steering wheel. In most gaming steering wheels, that feeling does not come out well as you would like. And that still does not eliminate the feeling that you are playing a video gaming.
Inexpensive pedals are mostly made of plastic. Metal pedals are durable. Besides, if you decide to pay more dough, then you will find gaming steering that allows you to adjust to fit the size of your feet.
If you want to replicate a manual transmission car, then you may need to consider a wheel with a clutch. However, it is crucial to appreciate that a clutch makes a little more challenging. Besides, not every game works well with a clutch.
Wheels do not work on every platform, and that means you have to be vigilant when shopping. Make sure that the manufacturer of the wheel and the pedal set is the same.
It can be a tasking and a little intimidating to identify the best gaming steering wheel with a market filled with different brands. Worry no more because we have comprehensive and unbiased reviews of the top 10 best gaming steering wheels on the market today.
10. Driving Force Pro Wheel for PS 2 and PS 3
Although designed in 2005, this wheel continues to rock the gaming world. The wheel technology offers a super-realistic force feedback that gives you an almost authentic racing experience. Driving Force Pro standouts from others as it is easy to install only requiring connection with a USB. It has a rubber wheel making it easy to grip.
What’s more, the wheel offers a rotation of 900 degrees leaving nothing to the imagination. Something incredible about this wheel is that if you are playing a game not requiring that much rotation, it will automatically adjust to 200 degrees to work with other games
It has a slip-resistant carpet for maximum grip when your legs are in action on the pedal system. That way, the brake and the gas pedals also remain firm.
Also, mounted on the wheel are the paddle shifters and stick shifters and also a full set of play station. All those provide you with the control you need. They are positioned in such a manner that they are easy to access and allow you to shift the gear up and down in a convenient way.
Other features include dual clamping mechanism and steel bearings in the wheel’s shaft.
- Ultra realistic force feedback
- Slip resistance carpet for firm pedal system
- Wheel rotation of 900 degrees
- Easy to install (USB connection)
- Can work on games requiring 200 degrees of rotation
- There are a few complaints about the pedals being unreliable which is not on all the wheels. Those who have replaced them have had no further problem as not all of them come with the problem. It is a great wheel that will offer you an authentic experience.
9. Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
MOMO is among of the world’s leading designers of automotive accessories, and this specially designed wheel is a result of their expertise. Logitech MOMO will revolutionize your gaming experience due to the precision and accuracy it offers. It has a force feedback that lets you feel road, bumps, walls and more. With the rubber-padded wheel, you are sure to have a comfortable grip and to do several consistent laps with little effort.
What’s more, Logitech MOMO features a sequential stick shifter so you can apply gear with ease. Besides, it comes with a pedal set with gas and brake pedals that mimic the real deal. On the wheel are 6 programmable buttons. Also, there are two paddle shifters. Also, the wheel offers 240 degrees of rotation.
Of importance to note, also, is that the manufacturer is ready to stand behind his product. As such they offer a 1-year warranty on the wheel.
- Gives a precision and authentic racing feeling
- Super-sensitive feedback technology
- Rubber covered wheel for comfortable grip
- Has break and pedal resembling that of real racing cars
- 1-year warranty
- The gaming steering wheel has limited rotation degrees set at 240
8. Thrustmaster T300RS Officially Licensed Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS will take your racing experience to the next level. It will provide you with a very realistic relationship with your road. It offers a powerful and genuine force feedback devoid of friction. A highly responsive and smooth force feedback is possible thanks to the1080 degree new dual–belt system. That will keep your attention where it matters; on the controls and the steering wheel.
It has an official license to work with PS3 and PS4 as a high-end simulator. Besides, your PS4 will automatically recognize Thrustmaster T300RS right away. What’s more, it comes with official PS4 buttons already installed. It also works perfectly on PCs. Also, it has an internal memory, and you can upgrade the firmware for an even better experience. Moreover, attached to the wheel are the large metal sequential paddle shifters 5 inches in height for easy access.
No more worrying where to place your system. Being highly versatile system, you can place it anywhere ranging from the table, desks to cockpits. With a large wheel of 11 inches, it offers a racing experience similar to the real deal. Also, depending on the type of vehicle in your game, it allows you to adjust the wheel from 270-1080 degrees. Besides, you can interchange the wheel with other Thrustmaster wheels like Ferrari F1 wheel add on.
T300RS has a metal pedal system and allows you to adjust the pedals in height and spacing to suit your feet.
- Genuine and friction-free force feedback
- Designed to work with PS3 and PS4 and has ready functions for PS4
- Internal memory and an upgradeable firmware
- Interchangeable wheel
- Highly versatile system that can be placed anywhere
- Wheel adjustable to a whopping 1080 degrees
- Adjustable pedal set
- A few complaints about poor customer support from the company. Luckily, the product works as designed and rarely will you find a reason to contact them.
7. Logitech Driving Force G920 Racing Wheel
This is a complete simulator steering wheel for compatible with Xbox one consoles and PC. The wheel is made to last as it has steel bearings in the shaft as well as stainless steel pedals shifters. The pedals shifters and pedals are made to mimic the real thing. Moreover, the wheel is wrapped with stitched original leather for a great feel and comfortable grip.
What’s more, the steering wheel offers a force feedback comparable to that of a real racing car. You get so carried away by the game that when you get to bumps, your cannot tell that you are in the middle of a game. Not to mention that the helical gearing offers an outstandingly smooth and quiet steering action. At the same time, the pedals and the wheels remain tight so you can gain excellent control over the wheel.
Located on the wheels are the game controls (D-pad and buttons), so you can access them with ease. Moreover, the wheel has nearly automatic paddle shifters offering you smooth gear transitions on turns and straight ways. Besides, on the floor is a highly responsive pedal system so you can accelerate and brake or even change gears. And stepping on the pedal system provides you with an almost authentic feel of a real car.
Aside from the gear control, you can decide to add ‘6-speed manual driving shifter to this racing wheel, and you have an even better control.
Logitech Driving Force G920 steering wheel is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Xbox one. You can also use it on other games that support Logitech force feedback racing wheel.
- Highly responsive steel made pedal set
- Easily accessible game controls
- Realistic force feedback
- Smooth gearing transitions for realistic turns thanks to the almost-automatic paddles
- Better control with 6-speed manual driving shifter
- The brake pedal may require much effort to press, but the problem goes away when you go to the settings and mode it to whatever percentage you want.
6. Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel
If you want an experience of Ferrari 458 Spider, then Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider gaming steering wheel is the thing. Being 7/10 replica of the original, then this gaming wheel will transform your racing experience. Just like the motorsports, the wheel features two red-themed rubber grips for optimal comfort. The wheel has a diameter of 28 cm promising maximum comfort and long time racing.
Thrust Ferrari 458 Spider gaming wheel comes as a compact package of all gaming equipment for every racing situations. For a start, there is a 1 pairing LED that helps to ensure that the game software and the wheels are connected. Others include paddle shifters, action buttons and more.
The kind of accuracy and precision this wheel offers is unparalleled. It allows you to adjust the steering sensitivity. Besides, the automatic centering mechanism ensures that even after changing the controls, the wheel automatically returns to neutral.
Not only that. The wheel comes with a pedal set with a wide footrest and whose angle is adjustable. Besides, the brake pedal offers enough resistance. That kind of pedal set assures you of the most realistic racing time.
The wheel features a patented Bungecord mechanism located at the bonnet. It ensures progressive linear resistance over a 240- degree rotation. That makes you comfortable and the racing experience easy and engaging.
- Perfect replica of Ferrari 458 Spider by 7/10
- Steering adjustable
- Realistic metal pedal set
- 2 red textured rubber for a comfortable grip and long racing
- High accuracy and precision
- Large wheel with a diameter of 28cm
- Pairing LED for easy connection
- Nothing much to warrant writing and where there are, they are incomprehensible
5. Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel
Do you want a touch of Ferrari 458 Italia? Thrustmaster Ferrari steering wheel will take you there. Thrustmaster boasts of being the first world wheel to secure Ferrari and Microsoft Xbox 360 official licenses. Ferrari 458 is a highly reputed brand of the Forza Motorsport. As such, this gaming steering wheel is a replica of Ferrari 458. You are guaranteed of an unmatched realism that you cannot find anywhere else. It is a total hit! You will feel like you’re driving the real thing.
The wheel is large (XXL) measuring 11 inches. On is on a scale of 1-10 points, it is 7/10 the original wheel. Even more, it has a rubber texture to ensure that you have a comfortable non-slip grip on Xbox 360. That means you can make as many laps as possible with minimal effort.
What’s more, mounted on the wheel is the sequential gearbox, which features 2 Ferrari GT-style metal paddle shifters. Also, there is a pedal set that allows for long range travel. Besides, the pedals are positioned and offer the resistance like that of a real Ferrari.
Accompanying the wheel is a Manettino dial with a 2-position switch where you can easily customize the game settings at your wish. The buttons and controls are within reach of your fingers, and you can comfortably control everything without sacrificing the excitement that comes with the game. Don’t forget you can do that without the need to pause the game. It has an in-built centering mechanism that returns the wheel to neutral automatically.
- Almost a complete replica of Ferrari 458 Italia
- 11 inches Rubber-textured wheel offering maximum grip comfort
- Features Manettino dial so you can customize your settings
- Metallic pedals angled and with resistance like that of real racing cars
- Relatively low rotation on 270 degrees which some may consider low. Everything else about it is a snap.
4. Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel
If you are after a game steering wheel that is easy to use, Xbox Wireless Speed will offer you a realistic experience like never before. This wheel is very unique because it is completely wireless that you might be skeptical at first. It is highly responsive, and you won’t experience any lag. Although the wheel is may look precise and might be tempted not to expect much, you will agree that it is very accurate and there is no time for waiting. Checking the customers’ reviews, you will be shocked to find the number of positive reviews it has garnered.
Xbox 360 Wireless has force feedback that makes you feel every bump on the road. Even more, no need to worry about compatibility because you can be sure it works with all your favorite games. Yes. You will be in full charge of the due to the easy to use. The accelerometer senses motion in all directions. Besides, it has very sensitive buttons for or gas and brakes that function like those of a real racing car.
Also, Xbox 360 is user-friendly as it allows you to change the settings if you don’t like the default settings. Tweak them the way you feel comfortable and have a racing experience like never before.
- Completely wireless
- High responsive
- Has intuitive buttons for gas and bake
- Elegant yet very accurate
- Compatible with most games
- Highly adjustable (advanced settings)
- Settings may take a while, but when you get the hang of it, there is no going back
3. Logitech PlayStation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel
Do you want to transform your gaming experience with PS3? Logitech driving force provides a realistic racing experience. With a powerful force feedback, you will feel every bump and a crash or even a tire spin as if it is real. Not only that, this wheel will even allow you to feel the impact of a weight shift in the car. In short, you will barely tell the difference.
Similar to a racing car, Logitech driving force steering wheel offers 900 degrees wheel rotation. Besides, its wheel made of rubber material measuring 11 inches large enough for a comfortable non-slip grip.
What’s more, it features the 24-position adjustment for fine-tuning your car ride’s performance as you drive. Not only will you adjust the brake bias and traction control but also much more with only the turn of a dial.
The pedal bundle comes with pedals the size of a real vehicle offering you a realistic throttle and braking experience. Also, the carpet is non-slip the so you cannot slip as you access the pedals. To help you choose the right gear for each corner, it features a six-speed shifter. Alternatively, you can use the wheel-mounted paddles to achieve the same effect.
Logitech is compatible with PS3, PS2, Windows XP, Vista, and 7.
- Super-powerful force feedback provides a realistic racing experience
- Real-feel metallic pedals and non-slip carpet
- High compatible with most games
- Allows up to 900 degrees wheel rotation
- Adjustment for brake bias and traction control
- It has a large rubber wheel (11 inches) for a comfortable grip and racing experience.
- Six-speed shifter for more control when gearing
- The wheel misses a clutch, which some gamers do not like to miss. But to those who are not into complicated racing games, you will find the gas and brake pedals sufficient.
2. Mario Kart Racing Wheel for Nintendo Wii
Looking for an excellent and an exact replica to the MarioKart wheels that come with the game? Then, look no further. Since MarioKart is a racing game popular with kids, you are sure the wheels will make the gaming more fun. This is the coolest gift best gift you can ever buy them. Also, for those who may not be gaming enthusiasts, how they make the gaming experience simple yet realistic will leave you just ‘wowed.’ And that is not all; you get the wheels at less than half the price! The wheels are spot-on no wonder they have gained many customers attention followed by positive reviews.
It feels terrible when navigating a corner and your funny gaming wheel lets you down when your hands slip. But that is rare with MarioKart wheels because it is made of silicone material offering a non-slip surface for a comfortable yet tight grip on your wheel. Also, to maintain cleanliness, the wheel is smooth and washable. How comfortable the gaming wheel feels affects your overall game performance. Even more, the wheels come in a unique design for ease of access to all the buttons and controls and ports. And you can do all these without having to remove the skin.
What’s more, the wheel perfectly grips the Wii remote and fits squarely. Besides, the trigger button is placed very strategically for the best experience. There is not a single reason to get authentic Mariokart wheels while you have an excellent alternative at less than half the price.
- Almost a replica
- Non-slip, and comfortable for long hours
- Easily to access the buttons, controls, and buttons
- Tinted plastic window may interfere with the sensor, but that should not be an issue. A screwdriver will help you unscrew the wheels and access the plastic piece when the wheel is split apart.
1. Logitech G27 Racing-Wheel
Hands down, no other gaming steering wheel even approaches Logitech gaming steering wheels regarding the quality of its steering wheels controllers. As a result, that makes it the most popular brand amongst gaming fanatics like you. Although the cost can be a bit turn-off, what it offers is a more realistic and authentic experience and more control of the game racing vehicle.
Logitech features ultra-powerful force feedback mechanism to mimic that of a real vehicle. Together with the helical gearing, the force feedback feature offers a gaming experience that is smooth leaving nothing much to the imagination. It simulates the traction, any shift in the weight and almost a real road feel. All these, you enjoy with an amazingly quiet steering action.
And you don’t have to take long or get confused the right gear to take. With a six-speed shifter that features a push-down reverse gear, you get to choose the right gear. What’s more, you don’t want the action of shifting gears to slow you down. For this, it allows you to maintain your hands on the wheel so you can take a swift F1 style shifting.
You may not always know when to shift gear especially when you are a newbie. Logitech works closely with the gaming software to indicate when you should change gear. And this you will know by checking the indicator LEDs.
Many wheels in the market are small in size, and you won’t provide anything close to the real driving experience. Logitech steering wheel measures 11-inches wrapped with leather offering a racing experience that replicates that of a real racing car.
Finally, to add on to the realism, the package is not complete without the high- quality steel pedals. Leave alone the ones that offer a toy-like experience alone. You won’t tell the difference when your mind and soul get carried away into the game. It comes with a clutch, gas and brake pedals that provide the acceleration and shifting controls needed.
In a nutshell, Logitech racing wheel will offer you everything real from leather, metal and racing experience. It offers an experience that leaves nothing to the imagination.
- Powerful feedback mechanism
- Realistic, high-quality steel pedals
- Large wheel measuring 11 inches
- Shift gear indicator LEDs
- Six-speed shifter
- Smooth and quiet steering action
- Leather wrapped to offer a comfortable for long
- The cost is a turn-off to many, but the quality is worth every penny
Force feedback, the degree of rotation, the pedal set, and the paddle shifters are some of the key features that gaming steering wheels possess. They offer almost an authentic racing experience. Take your gaming experience to a whole new level by securing one of these highly reliable wheels.Check our latest review on the best 3 wheel scooters for your kids.