Top 10 Best Alarm Clocks Reviewed in 2018
While your smartphone has the alarm clock application, many people personal development coaches discourage people from using it. This is because every time your phone wakes you up in the morning, you may get distracted to check your emails, get on social media or even start replying to chats and text messages. This distraction goes against the purpose of actually having set your alarm to get you up early in advance to get to an important meeting or appointment. It is for this reason that alarm clocks are one of the most important accessories that you should have in your home. Also check these Himalayan Salt Lamps which is a very essential home decor item that produces sweet aroma throughout your home.
For a long time, alarm clocks have been in existence and over the years they have evolved to more technological types of alarms. You can get an alarm clock that serves both the purpose of radio, night light or even an attractive LED display.
The main advantage of an alarm clock is that it does not come with the distractions a smartphone comes with. A basic alarm clock is quite straightforward and is easy to operate. With the new technology, however, some alarm clocks have various features that will help you wake up, from lights to loud music that will make you wake to turn them off.
We will take a look at various alarm clocks in the market and guide you in selecting the best alarm clocks in the market today. We will guide in knowing which features to look for that will suit your lifestyle and help you in ensuring your daily routine goes according to plan.
Table of Contents
- Our review of the coolest Digital and Analog Alarm Clocks
- 10. AcuRite 13003 Digital Alarm Clock
- 9. Emerson CKS1708 Smart Radio Set Alarm Clock
- 8. Timex T128B6 Dual Alarm Clock with Night Light
- 7. TravelWey Analog Alarm Clock
- 6. OK to Wake! Alarm Clock – Best Alarm Clocks for Kids
- 5. Sony ICFC1 Alarm Clock Radio
- 4. ZHPUAT Morning Clock
- 3. RCA Digital Alarm Clock
- 2. Sonic Alert SBB500SS Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock
- 1. Electrohome EAAC601 Projection Alarm Clock
Our review of the coolest Digital and Analog Alarm Clocks
10. AcuRite 13003 Digital Alarm Clock
This alarm clock from AcuRite has an Intelli-Time technology made to give you accurate timings while giving you the option of never having to set or reset your alarms even after a power outage.
The alarm clock has a large display LED screen that makes the time easily visible and easy to read, both for kids and those who have vision complications. The set and forget technology that this alarm clock has enables the alarm clock to automatically adjust itself for daylight savings time which helps display the correct time in all circumstances.
- The alarm clock is quite affordable
- It has a backup battery that supports the settings and alarms of the clock to remain as set even when there are power interruptions
- The alarm has a loud audible alarm and a snooze button
- It has no dimming feature for those sensitive to a lot light
9. Emerson CKS1708 Smart Radio Set Alarm Clock
The Emerson brand alarm clock is an alarm clock that automatically sets itself to the correct, date, time or month every time you plug it in. What is more with this alarm clock, you do not have to worry about having to reset it every time there is a power outage manually; the automatic feature will do this for you. However, the alarm clock has a backup battery that helps in preserving your settings and set alarms.
The SmartSet Technology patent alarm clock has a large easy to read screen and LED display that makes it easy to know the time even in a dark room. This alarm clock can be customized to your preference time of the day whether it is for weekdays alone or seven days a week. If you are that person that wakes up in the morning wanting to be up to date to what’s happening around you, then this alarm clock suits you best. With its inbuilt radio, you can set the alarm to wake you up to your favorite music or morning news thus serving the purpose of both waking you up and entertaining you.
You do not also have to worry about charging your phone far away from your bed as this alarm clock has a USB port that can be used to charge your phone too. The 3-level dimming feature enables you to be able to dim and brighten the LED light to your preference. Also, this alarm clock has a dual alarm clock system.
- It is easy to use and understand
- Has a long-lasting lithium battery that acts as a backup to your settings and alarms
- You get a choice of different alarm modes with this alarm clock
- Has a good quality radio that does not have wave interruption or bad sound quality
- Has a LED display lighting that can be deemed to your liking and preference
- The backup battery only works as a backup for your settings and alarms and excludes the displays
8. Timex T128B6 Dual Alarm Clock with Night Light
Timex Group is one the world leading renowned watchmaking companies. Their quality watches and clocks have been known to be durable and do not disappoint when it comes to functionality.
The Timex T128B6 Dual Alarm Clock is one of the products of Timex Group and has a dual alarm system with two separate wake-up times. This alarm clock can be customized to your liking as it has a programmable snooze system that allows you to snooze your alarm clock at your preferred intervals.
With a strong battery backup that helps you back up your alarms in case of a power outage, this alarm clock enables you to charge your mobile phone as it has a USB port that allows you to do this. The concealed LED light and the screen light can also backup according to your preference because of the multi-level dimming feature that comes with this alarm clock.
The brightness that comes with this digital clock makes it easy for one to read the time even in the darkest of rooms. The adapter is also very useful as it is a universal adapter and can be used just about anywhere you may be.
- With its unique features, this alarm clock is quite an affordable alarm clock
- Has a long-lasting backup battery that can take up to 3 days for your settings and alerts
- The dual alarm that enables one to set two separate alarms for their convenience
- The brightness of the LED light can de dim due to its four-level adjusting feature
- Has a one set off the alarm with auto repeat and auto shutoff feature making it very convenient
- It is also a convenient alarm clock as one can charge their phone without having to look for a separate power source
- The spacing of the buttons is a bit clunky to use the right button correctly thus they need a bit of spacing
7. TravelWey Analog Alarm Clock
Not everyone is looking for that hard to operate digital alarm clock that requires a thorough understanding of its manual operations to be able to use it. Some people just look for that simple easy to operate, one alarm and single button operating alarm clock that will just wake them up.
The TravelWey Analog alarm clock is just the best alarm clock for those looking for that easy to use and convenient alarm clock. This alarm clock is ideal as it is very easy to use where you just set the alarm by a simple turn of a button at the backside of the clock. The alarm has an ascending, clear audible sound that is loud enough to wake someone up. The second sweep hand of the clock is very silent making this clock ideal for quiet sleepers.
If you are a traveler, this clock is perfect for you as it is very strong. It has a hard plastic casing that protects it from breakages in cases it falls. In addition to the simplicity of this alarm clock, you only need to press one button once to be able to see it. The bright lighting of the hands and digits lasts up to four hours if exposed to sunlight for a long time.
The good news about this alarm clock is that if you are not satisfied with it, you are guaranteed a one-year warranty hassle free money back.
- This clock is completely silent, as it has no ticking sound
- Has an easy to read display
- The alarm clock has quartz accuracy
- Has an ascending alarm and snooze capability making it hard not to hear it
- The silent sweep second hand is perfect for those people that need complete silence when asleep
- It is lightweight and is built tough to withstand falls
- It is affordable
- The light can be a bit too intense for a dark room
6. OK to Wake! Alarm Clock – Best Alarm Clocks for Kids
This fun-filled animated alarm clock is the best for parents that are trying to teach their children on what time is for sleeping and what time is for waking up. They have great animations and lighting that make them fun alarm clocks to have around your children.
Many parents know how toddlers can get if they won’t get a regular sleeping patterns. This alarm clock helps parents get enough sleep due to its green lighting that signifies Ok to Wake up. This will show your young one that when the light is green, they can wake up if it’s not they should not get out of bed. The lighting system has a three level multi-level dimming feature that enables a parent to regulate the light for their children’s room.
This digital alarm clock boasts a convenient nap timer and alarm clock with a snooze. Another great feature is the interchangeable faceplates that make this alarm clock fun to have around your children and gives your alarm clock personality. It also has a battery backup system which is convenient for backing up your settings.
This alarm clock is very convenient for both the toddler and the parents as it is not so loud and startling. This alarm clock is also a very safe as it does not have an adapter that might be dangerous for children who have a tendency of exploring things and the cord can trip them.
- Ideal to sleep train your toddlers thus enhancing discipline in them
- Convenient as it has a nap timer and an alarm clock
- Has a battery back-up system that makes it ideal to save your alarm settings
- It is child-friendly due to its fun personality
- Has a lighting system that helps a parent dim the light to a preferred brightness
- You can charge your phone in the USB port that comes with the alarm clock
- The alarm clock does not have a plugin system
5. Sony ICFC1 Alarm Clock Radio
This alarm clock from the reputable Sony brand is an alarm clock that has an auto clock technology that has an automatic time set and automatic can. This is because all you need is to adjust the time zone and plug it in to get the alarm clock up and running.
This alarm clock has a backlit display with large LED display making it an easy to read the time even in the darkest rooms. It has an inbuilt radio that can also be programmed with the sleeper timer, where it switches off once you go to sleep or switches on when you set your alarm to wake up.
Unlike those alarms that just have loud sounds, this alarm clock has a gradual alarm that gradually gets you awake without having to startle you. In addition to this, there is a snooze button that enables you to sleep a little bit longer when you do not need to wake up early.
You are also able to control the brightness of this alarm clock by using its three-step brightness control. The inbuilt radio that is set on AM/FM and you can program the radio to wake you up. The battery also has a backup battery that helps keep your alarm clock still working in case of power interruptions.
- For a brand like Sony, this alarm clock is quite affordable
- It has an easy to read LED display of digits that are readable in the dark or even during the day
- It has the ability to dim the brightness because of its three-level dimming system
- Convenient as it has a programmable sleep time
- The alarm clock has a lithium battery for backup purposes
- It is easy to set up as long as you input the correct time zone
- The radio frequency sometimes can be inaudible in places where the network is little
4. ZHPUAT Morning Clock
Simple, modern and fashionable is what can describe this alarm clock by ZHPUAT. The customizable alarm clock has a big easy to read display, a backlight that can be customized to your liking and preference.
This alarm is very silent something that is a plus for those people that love silence when sleeping. It also has a snooze button if you find yourself not having an appointment to wake up early for. In addition to this, you can set you to the alarm clock to be either in the 12hr format or 24hr format.
This alarm clock has a low light sensor technology where it has a smart backlight technology where the light adjusts itself according to the time of the night. The darker it gets the dimmer the backlight. Hence you can adjust the backlight.
The alarm clock has a gradual sound where it starts with a low sound gradually getting to a higher alarm sound than a blast that will loudly startle you and your family. The alarm clock is battery operated only making it a safe and convenient alarm clock as well as child-friendly. Good news is if you are not satisfied with this product, you get money back guarantee and what’s more it has a one year guarantee for defective parts.
This alarm clock makes a great gift for your friends and loved ones.
- Easy to use and set up
- Progressive alarm sound that won’t scare you when you wake up
- The soft light that does not disturb someone’s sleep
- Has a friendly display that makes the digits easily visible
- Has a smart backlight that can be controlled making it automatically adjustable to go dimmer as the room gets darker
- Money-back guarantee if not satisfied with the alarm clock
- It is only battery operated with batteries not included when buying the alarm clock
3. RCA Digital Alarm Clock
This simple alarm clock from RCA has a simple interface and is very easy to use. It has a large display that comes with a large LED screen that gives it a bright and large easy to read visibility. Its compact size makes it convenient as it does not require a large space on your side table.
The RCA Digital alarm clock has a high and low brightness indicator that enables you to control the brightness of the alarm clock and lets you make the necessary adjustments to the display screen. The alarm clock has a great back up battery that allows you to set your alarms without having to worry about power outages.
One of the best features of this alarm clock is the lack of clunky buttons that makes it difficult to operate it. It has easy to use buttons that are large and full width thus making snoozing your clock and mornings better. With this alarm clock, you can set the alarm with no difficulty and enjoy a snooze feature that automatically sets to repeat itself until you are ready to wake up.
The alarm clock is also safe to have around toddlers or to travel with as it is plastic making it hard to break.
- Easy to use and set up
- It is very affordable
- Large buttons that make it easier to operate especially for people with big fingers
- Convenient to travel with as it is compact and light
- Has a back-up battery to back up your settings and alarms
- You have to be careful when handling so as not to scratch the screen
2. Sonic Alert SBB500SS Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock
If you are that person that can just sleep through any noise, and you just need something that will wake you up to be most alert, then this Sonic Bomb alarm clock is the best for you. This alarm clock is famous for its very loud sound that will guarantee you wake up from your deep slumber.
And as if the loud alarm is not enough, this alarm clock comes with a bed shaker which acts as a great alternative to the loud alarm clock sound in case you do not want to wake up other occupants of your house.
Its pulsating lights will make sure that you wake up no matter what especially If you are in a dark room. If the alarm gets too loud, you are able to adjust the volume and tone to suit your preference and needs.
It has a backup battery that ensures that you still keep time as you alarm is still on in case of electricity interruptions.
- Guarantee one wakes up due to the loud noise that comes with it
- Back up battery for alternative to electricity outages
- Affordable and easy to use
- Has a snooze defuser to ensure you do not turn off the alarm clock
- The alarm clock has a short cord for the shaker
1. Electrohome EAAC601 Projection Alarm Clock
This modern-designed alarm clock by Electrohome is very convenient and reliable. The alarm clock has unique displays that include time and date, temperatures and time projection display. The alarm boasts a dual alarm system that enables you to set two different alarms at the same time. It also has a four level dimming feature that gives you the option of dimming the brightness of the screen or even completely disable the feature for those very sensitive to light.
It has an inbuilt radio and to add to this it has an AUX audio input that gives you a chance to listen to your favorite saved music on your iPod or even phone. Its projection display feature allows you to view the time from anywhere in the room. Whether you want to see the time on the roof, on your wall or even on the door of your bedroom this alarm clock will do that just for you.
This electronic digital alarm clock allows you to set your time zone just once and it automatically updates your time, date and even the temperature of your home. This because it’s Self-Set technology saves your alarms even when there is a power interruption. The alarm clock comes with a lithium battery that gives it a long lasting power back up that saves your settings.
- 180-degree swivel that saves you the hustle of tilting your head to see the time as it can be projected anywhere
- Has a pre-programmable dual alarm system
- Has a clear LCD making it easy to see the time
- Back-up battery that’s long lasting to save your alarms and settings
- The backlight is a bit too bright for some people
Alarm clocks are clearly still one of the best options to use to get you to do most of the important activities in your day-to-day life, especially to wake you up in the morning. The above review should be able to give you an understanding of the world of alarm clocks and give you a comprehensive guide on, which kind of alarm clock best suits you and your lifestyle.